Company Overview Visit weatherford.com website

Weatherford International, headquartered in Houston, Texas, is the fifth-largest oil service company in the world. It specializes in oil and gas well drilling services (especially directional drilling) and construction through its ownership of 80% of Smith International. The remaining 20% of Smith International is owned by Schlumberger Limited, another large petroleum corporation.

Weatherford began as a land surveying business in 1949 and it remains involved today: along with identifying viable oil and gas wells, Weatherford also provides environmental and topographic analysis for prospective sites. In 1991, Weatherford acquired Haas Tools Corporation from Gulf Oil, adding over 5500 tools to its inventory including rotary steerable systems which enable directional drilling. Directional or horizontal drilling allows for several wells to be drilled from the same site, boosting productivity.

Weatherford International Logo Use Example

Weatherford International Logo Use Example

Weatherford International Website Preview

Weatherford International Website Preview